The Resource and Information Centre is based at 3 Neva Road, Weston super Mare. It is open from 10.00am to 1.00pm from Monday to Thursday.
Please contact us to make an appointment to ensure we have an appropriate member of staff available to see you.
There are numerous types of aids and equipment to assist visually impaired people. Many of these are displayed at the Centre, where you can try things out to see if they suit you.
The Information Officer can offer advice and information on your day to day needs and tips on safety.
Some of the aids that are available:
- Liquid Level Indicator – to help pour a cup of tea without overfilling the cup.
- Large button telephone – with easy-to-see numbers.
- Easy-to-see or talking clocks and watches – to help you tell the time.
- Large Print Calendars – so you can keep a note of important dates.
- Large buttoned remote controls – for the TV.
- ‘Bump ons’ – raised dots to mark switches and buttons on a cooker or radio for example, so you can find the right one.