We need your help. Volunteer with us and make a huge difference to the lives of our members.
We are currently seeking volunteers who would enjoy:
- Visiting people in their own homes for a cup of tea and a chat – maybe helping to read their personal correspondence.
- Helping out at our social clubs, where isolated blind and partially sighted people can meet to socialise and be entertained, or maybe enjoy an outing.
- Assisting blind people to complete benefit forms. Volunteers receive additional training to make sure applications have the best chance of success and secure the income which people are entitled to.
- Driving – we need drivers for regular duties to take people to and from our social clubs, or to provide transport for occasional one-off tasks.
- Becoming a Trustee. We need people with management skills, a background in health or social care, or volunteers with just plain good common sense and an interest in how the organisation is managed.
Volunteering with Vision is rewarding and fun. Our volunteers are a big part of our team and we really do value your contribution.
In return we offer:
- Initial interview with our Volunteer Co-ordinator, so we can agree a task that you will enjoy and suits you.
- Induction training to tell you about the organisation.
- Visual impairment awareness training, so you have an understanding of blind and partially sighted people.
- Special training for certain tasks such as Benefit Advisors.
- Regular support from our Volunteer Co-ordinator to listen to your suggestions, or deal with any issues.
- Reimbursement of mileage and any out of pocket expenses.
- A fulfilling experience, where you are part of our team.
To find out more, without obligation, contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator Michele Blake here.
Come and join us – you’ll be very welcome!